Wednesday, July 14, 2010

July 14, 2010 Wednesday

Well, still in Branson. Yeah, I am having a great time. But, oh yes, there are times that I yearn for John to be here. Really it comes mostly when the kids are doing something special or great and I wish so much that he could be with them...to enjoy it with them. I know they miss him. Though none of them have mentioned it...how can they not. I wish I could take the pain away for them. My prayer every morning has been that they would not remember the negative, but would dwell on the positive. That they would be enjoying themselves so much that they could not think of the negative. But, I think that is almost impossible. I know I can be having the time of my life and suddenly there is that thought, that picture...that memory.

We took a family picture (part of the program at Dixie Stampede). As I looked at it, I said "Oh that is a nice family picture.....and then I said, (because Jason couldn't come) "There is just one thing missing...." then I caught myself...there were two things missing.......and it broke my heart.

I wonder....are the kids doing what I am doing? Yes, I am having a good time, but deep inside are they hurting....trying to cover the pain with laughter....trying to pretend it isn't there? I hope not. I want their happiness to deep......

Well, a few more days then we are off to Illinois to see my parents. Today the boys are golfing here at the resort. The girls are swimming...maybe a little shopping. I don't know.....they sure love to swim!!!!

Keep praying....
Saundra

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and the family. Pat Mc

missd said...

Glad everyone is having fun. I remember how that feels, and still sometimes wish her dad was with us to share the fun stuff, you know, the way it's supposed to be...

Have a good time with family and will pray you have safe travels.