Monday, February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010

Wasn't Jason's message so wonderful yesterday? I gained so much from that! God, through Jason, reached into the depths of my soul and spoke to me.

As my faithful readers you know Sunday is the hardest day of the week for me. I would rather stay in bed. But, I know that that isn't what God wants, it wouldn't be what John would want...and it definitely isn't a good example for the kids. But, I was so glad that I went.

Sunday School was just as awesome. I believe in my heart that God is speaking through Dave. I sense the spirit in him. He is spirit led. That is why I am so anxious to go to Sunday School to see what God has given Dave to teach me....that I can be more like my Father.

Well, my bedroom is almost finished. You can begin praying. The floor is in, and the paint done. The paint is beautiful! Beautiful! As I said before, some ladies from the school said that they wanted to redo my bedroom from bottom to top. I told them that as soon as it was painted they could. So, it is just a matter of getting hold of them. I love it!

I just send out thank yous and love to all the men that showed up and helped Jeff Saturday. Thanks so much for what you are doing for me and the kids. When I walked into the bedroom the first time after it was painted I couldn't believe the calm that I felt. God was there.

I still can't sleep in there. It isn't completely finished as I said. And, I am not sure I want to sleep in that queen bed by myself. Doesn't that sound big for one person? I am actually scared of being so lonely that I can't sleep in there. So, if you know of anyone that has a full mattress....I would love to hear from them. It just makes me feel better ...I can't explain it.

My bathroom has the new floor in and the primer on the wall. It won't be long till that is finished also. Then it is onto the boys bathroom. It really needs to be redone. It is kind of gross!!!!

The kids are okay. Rach has been sick for the last 3 days. She stayed home from school today and I took her to the dr. No strep which is what I was worried about. So he ordered antibiotic and rest!

I started Hannah on some vitamins (against her will). I hope to see some progress and strength from her.


Matthew is beyond words. He has changed and matured so much. God is changing him one day at a time. It is incredible! And what a help at home.

I am not going to ask much in prayer today.....my heart is very heavy for the Bumpus family. It saddens me deeply and I feel they need prayers. You know what my prayer requests are...they hardly ever change. But we need to pray for God to be close to that family. To show compassion, and to comfort them as only he can.

I love you all. Keep in touch.
Love,
Saundra

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saundra,
Things sound better. I hope that you will be comfortable in your room again. I am always praying for you. Love you.
Love and Prayers.

Jenna said...

what colors are you redoing your room in?

Anonymous said...

Praying for Rach, that she will get to feeling better - and Hannah too. I am so very glad to hear about Matthew. That is just wonderful and everytime you mention him I just smile. God is so wonderful! He is so faithful! He really listens! And I am overjoyed.

Praying for the Bumpus family. Wow...Our church family has been through so much. We are getting stronger. We are growing closer. We are feeling one another's burdens as deeply as another can possibly feel for someone going through loss. Still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

It makes me so happy to hear how well Matthew is doing. God is good!! I pray that He will continue to work in all of your lives and hearts and heal you. :)

Love you!
Donetta

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray for you all.

-Mindy S